Shakira Concert in Frankfurt

I decided to stop over in Frankfurt, to go to Shakira concert on 11 June 2011, before I visited Krakow in Poland.
I never visited Frankfurt, and would never consider visiting if it was not for the concert, but I was amazed by the city. It was a nice and clean city, convenient and fun with lots of events. I thought I would love to live in this city.
I arrived before noon in the airport, then took the train to the city.
I booked a hostel, very centrally located, just in front of the train station.
Even though, my main purpose to visit the city was to go the Shakira concert, I couldn't buy the ticket in advance by internet.
In Frankfurt, I visited the ticket booth in the concert place, and the ticket sale center, but both were closed.
So I decided just go before the start time, and buy the ticket on site.
Unluckily, when I got out from ensuite shower room in the dormitory room, one American guy was struggling to open our room door. So we were locked in the room!
So we asked the staff hotel to open the door, but they couldn't that they sent somebody to enter the room from the window. A long ladder was put to the window, and a guy came to open the door.
It took more than an hour, and finally he succeeded to open the door.
I was about to get out of the room by the ladder, but it was too high.
If there would be a fire and we were locked in the room, there would be no way to escape...
I rushed out since it was already 7pm, the concert start time.
Luckily, the concert place was near to the hostel, I arrived just before 7:30pm.
I went to the official ticket booth, but the ticket was sold-out, so I bought a ticket from a ticket dealer standing outside with a bit expensive from the face price.
A bit disappointed at first with the concert, since Shakira didn't have backdancers, like Kylie Minogue, she brought only band, and 2 back vocals + back dancers.
But gradually I started to enjoy and had fun.
The German people in the concert were so quiet, especially people surround my seat.
I couldn't help it and I started standing and dancing myself. Some poeple started to follow standing and dancing. A little cute girl was sitting next to me, and she could sing most of the song.
When it came to Waka Waka, we all did the gesture :)




No comments:

Post a Comment