Cuba: Havana: Arrival

On 26 May 2011, by Cubana Aviation flight from Cancun, I arrived in Havana.
This place was one of the place I wanted to visit the most since long time.
Like many people advised, I had to visit before Castro died to see the classic things and the communism.
I stayed in Cuba only for 4 days and 4 nights and back to Cancun on 30 May 2011.
I stayed in a casa particulares, it's kind of homestay.
Cuban family is allowed to make income by renting their room to tourists for some money.
I stayed in the same casa particulares for 2 nights (EUR 15 for dormitory bed), then moved to other casa particulares near Havana University for another 2 nights (CUC 20 or USD 20 for private room).
Below were things that were as per my expectation before arriving in Cuba:
1. A lot of classic cars on the streets.
2. I could watch good ballet, and listened to a lot of live bands.
3. People were relax and friendly.
Below were things that I didn't expect before arriving in Cuba:
1. A lof of new Korean and Chinese cars on the streets.
2. The things were not cheap especially for tourists.
3. Very touristic, like many people asked for tips.
4. Things were more abundant, than was what my friend said when she visited Cuba couple years ago. She said that not so many variety of food in restaurant, and she said even spaghetti was a precious item in a shop.
the road from airport to the city


entered the city, Revolution Square


Vedado district where my casa particulares was located
Vedado district where my casa particulares was located


my first beer, the national beer

my first dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment