Cuba: Havana: Vedado, The New City

Vedado was the newer area in the city, located about 30 minutes walking west of the old city.
It was the place of night clubs, hotels (the most luxurious National Hotel and others), commercial offices, the universities.
The casa particulares I stayed was located in this area.
The first night in Havana, with other young travelers from Australia stayed in the same case, we went around to clubs, drinking mojitos.
A guy we met on the street, took us to a club, said that Hemingway was drinking there.
My new Australian buddies thought that the guy was a tout (or jintero in Spanish), that because of him, we had to pay our drinks more expensive. We paid CUC 2 (= USD 2) for beers, and CUC 4 (=USD 4) for mojitos. Later on, we found out that those prices were common everywhere. So the tip from the bar owner to the jintero was, most probably not taken from our bill
The next morning, I wandered around the area to find ATM, but couldn't withdraw money.
I went to Cubana Aviation to change my airline ticket because I wanted to extend my stay in Cuba.
But the airline system was down that I couldn't change my ticket.
I went to National Hotel to book one night tour to Trinidad
I entered a nice cafe and ate cake, where I met 2 Chinese girls who later showed me around.







Hotel National

inside Hotel National

Coco Taxi

Universidad de La Habana


a Patriotism park built in front of US Interest Section

No comments:

Post a Comment