Cuba: Havana: Another Day in The Old Havana

I booked the tour to Trinidad 28-29 May 2011 by Cubatur, but they canceled due to lack of participants. I moved from Casa de Ania where I stayed for 2 nights, because I didn't like the way they jampacked 5 travellers into a room and charged EUR 15 per bed, and decided to move to other casa particulares recommended by Lonely Planet named Iris y Felipe, just near to Havana University.
I bargained to get CUC 20 for a private room instead of CUC 25, their standard price.
I met Chiho-san, a Japanese nurse that decided to stay in Cuba to see the superior health system of the country.
Since I had no plan after my Trinidad tour was canceled, I asked Chiho-san to go together to the old city to see the Cigar Museum and she wanted to see the Rum Museum.
The Cigar Museum near the Capitol building was closed due to renovation and the Rum Museum was closed also when we arrived, 30 minutes earlier than the official closing time.
I learnt that this was typical Cuban, to open 30 minutes later and to close 30 minutes earlier than the official times.
So we ended up just walking around the city, which was nice, and we went to watch a concert also in a church in the old city, where I felt asleep...


the shop at the Cigar Museum




the cheapest ice cream in the world?! only 4 cent USD...

the bar at the Rum Museum


Plaza de San Francisco

a small street carnival

a dancer in the street carnival

the street carnival

The local rickshaw man, me, and the pink cadillac (Chiho-san, thanks for taking the pic!)

Obispo Street

Parque Central

Palacio de Los Capitales Generales where Nacional Ballet performed

16 year anniversary?! (according to Chiho-san)

No comments:

Post a Comment